This Tutorial provide Step-by-Step Guideline about all procedure how to install SQL Server 2014, I show you maximum default feature available in the SQL Server 2014.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 available many versions like, Express, Enterprise Edition, Enterprise Core Edition, Standard Edition, Web Edition, Business Intelligence Edition and Developer Edition. Click on below download button for easy download SQL Server 2014 Express Edition.
There are some basic requirements of SQL Server 2014, before installation complete this prerequisites otherwise you cannot install SQL Server 2014 they are following.
- OS (Operating systems) minimum require Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- .Net 3.5 SP1 Framework * If you run Setup and you do not have .NET 3.5 SP1, SQL Server Setup requires you to download and install .NET 3.5 SP1 before you can continue with the SQL Server installation. (Install .NET 3.5 SP1 from Microsoft .NET )
- Windows Power Shell 2.0 require before install SQL Server 2014.
- 6 G.B Hard-disk spaces available for installation of SQL Server 2014.
- Super-VGA (800×600) or higher resolution monitor require.
- 1 GB or higher Memory.
- 0 GHZ processor 86x & 1.4 GHZ processor for 64x require.
Install SQL Server 2014 Step-by-step Guideline;
Fulfill above mention requirement you are ready to install SQL Server 2014 on your Computer/ system, There are following steps.
- After Successfully Download SQL Server 2014 double click on Setup file. After extracted files prompted go to Choose Directory, click OK to use the default directory, or click Browse and select a different directory
- Now open SQL Server Installation Center where you find all documentation such as Hardware and Software Requirements, Security Documentation, Online Release Notes, How to Get SQL Server Data Tools Configuration Checker and many more……. If you want to get some help then you can click and get information otherwise go on next step.
- Now Click on Installation option show at right side menu list, and select New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation option.
- Now wait few seconds SQL Server 2014 Setup Processing.
- If you have Product key enter that key if you have not select Specify a free edition option then click on next button.
- After above step License window appear accept license agreement and click next button.
- Next Global Rules screen appear and check system errors. If it will identify any error then you will need to fix error first then continue installation.
- If you want to Get Microsoft update then check update option and click next button. Otherwise click next button without check update option.
- Next window move on the Product Updates page, the all latest SQL Server product updates are displayed. If there are no product updates available, then SQL Server Setup does not show this page and auto move to the Install Setup Files page.
- On the Install Setup Files page, Setup presents the improvement of downloading, extracting, and installing the Setup files. If there is any update for SQL Server Setup is found, and is specified to be included, that update will also be installed.
- In Install Rules window it will recognize problems that might occur when you install SQL Server. In case if there are any issues recognized then you need to fix it before continuing with the installation. *(If you not disable windows firewall then one warning show but you still continue the installation)
- In Setup Role window you can select the SQL server Feature Installation option to individually select which feature components to install or you can click a feature role to install a specific configuration.
- In the Feature Selection window you can select feature manually, it recommended selecting All Features. Otherwise select as per your requirements or needs. You can also change Instance root directory & Shared directory path by browsing default directory path below in Feature Selection page. When you select feature click on next button and move to Instance Configuration window.
- In Instance Configuration window you need to choice specify the name and the instance ID for the instance of SQL Server. The instance ID will automatically change when you change Name Instance and click next to continue with the Server Configuration window.
- In Server Configuration window you can select the Service Account and the Collation tab. In the Service Accounts tab, you need to select the Service Account under which SQL Server Services. Here you can also select the Startup Type for all of the SQL Server Services. All SQL Server services represent a process or a set of processes that manage authentication of SQL Server operations with Windows. All service can be configured to use its own service account.
- In Collation Tab you can select the collection for Database Engine and Analysis Services you can set as default and click next button to continue installation.
- In Database Engine Configuration window you can select authentication mood and administration on Sever Configuration tab, Data Directory & FILESTREAM.
In Server Configuration Tab you can select the Authentication Mode. It is recommended to select Mixed Mode (SQL Server and Windows Authentication). You can then set the password for the SQL Server System Administrator (SA) account and you can also add user specify SQL Server Administrators.
- In Data Directory tab you can select the path of Data root directory, user database directory, user log file directory, Temp DB directory, Temp DB log Directory, and Backup directory, it’s highly recommended to use fast disk for Tem DB and Temp DB log directory.
- On the FILESTREAM tab, you can configure the FILESTREAM feature of SQL Server 2014. There are three different FILESTREAM configuration options such as:-
Enable FILESTREAM for Transact-SQL access
Enable FILESTREAM for file I/O streaming access; here you can specify the windows shared folder name
Allow remote clients to have streaming access to FILESTREAM data.
- In Analysis Services Configuration window you have two tabs Server Configuration and Data Directories tab,
In Server Configuration tab you select server mode there are two options Multidimensional and Data mining mode and Tabular mode. Recommended is select first option.
- In Data Directories tab you can select the Data directory, Log file directory, Temp directory and Backup Directory for analysis services. Click Next button to continue the installation.
- In Reporting Service Configuration window here are three different choices available to specify the reporting services configuration mode.
Reporting Service Native Mode;
Install and Configure: – Setup will install the report server and configure it in Native mode. The report server is operational after setup completes.Install Only: – Installs the report server files. After installation, use Reporting Services Configuration Manager to configure the report server for native mode.Reporting Services SharePoint Integration ModeInstall Only: – Installs the report server files. After installation use SharePoint Central Administrator to complete the configuration. Verify the SQL Server Reporting Services service is started and create at least one SQL Server Reporting services service application.Choose the appropriate Reporting Service Configuration option and Click Next button to continue.
- In Distributed Replay Controller window select the specify users you want to allow administrative permissions to for the Distributed Replay client service. When you added the user successfully. Click Next button to continue the installation.
- In Distributed Replay Client window specify the corresponding controller and data directories for the Distributed Replay Client, there are three options Controller Name, Working Directory, and Result Directory.Controller Name filed by default is <blank> enter the name of the controller that the client computer will communicate with for the Distributed Replay Client Service.Note;
- The name must be a fully qualified domain name (FQDN). For example, a host called server1 in the products hierarchy at Microsoft may have an FQDN of server1.products.microsoft.com.
- If you have already set up a controller, enter the name of the controller while configuring each client.
- If you have not yet set up a controller, you can leave the controller name blank. However, you must manually enter the controller name in the client configuration file.
- In Ready to Install window you can swiftly review the features which you have selected so far for installation and then click the Install button to begin the Installation of SQL Server 2014.
- In Complete window the location for the summary log file is showed. You can click on the link to review the SQL Server 2014 installation summary and also click close button.
Your SQL Server 2014 successfully installed now you are ready to configuration of SQL Server 2014, in my next tutorial I’ll tell you how to configure SQL Server 2014.
Thank You so much for visiting if you have any question and quire you can feel free contact me and comment your question/queries.