Windows Server 2012 R2 is a network operating system of Microsoft, and it’s deployed for the medium to large scale companies in order to allow administrators to easily mange centralized network setup. The network operating system like Microsoft Windows Server 2012 RTM/R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2014 RTM/R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 RTM/R2, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 Server is that the network operating system (NOS) has some additional server specific features integrated in it. These additional features include:
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Distributed File System (DFS), etc.
Windows Server 2012 R2 is initially installed just as a normal client operating system/OS, without any additional features installed in it. If you want to server work as system administrators you must install the server features according to the your need and requirements.
Requirements of Configuration:
- Minimum: 1.4 Ghz 64-bit processor
- Minimum: 512 MB RAM
- Minimum: 32 GB or greater
- Download Any Windows domain Server (But we are working on windows server 2012 r2)
How to Install Windows Server 2012 R2:
Installing Windows Server 2012 is simple and is very much like installing Windows 7 or 10, but I’d list the necessary steps here for additional information. For those of you who have never installed Windows 7/10 before.
Once the above discussed minimum system requirements are met, administrators must follow the steps given below to How to install Windows Server 2012 R2:
- Power on Computer and Enter Windows server 2012 R2 DVD/CD into CD drive.
- Reboot the computer and boot DVD drive.
- On the Install Windows screen click next button.
- On the next page click Install Now.
- On Select the Operating System you want to install page, from the displayed Windows Server 2008 R2 editions, select the appropriate edition that is to be installed.
- After Selecting Operating system click next button.
- On the next page, type the 25-character product key and click
- If you do not have the Product ID available right now, you can leave the box empty, and click next. You will need to provide the Product ID later, after the server installation is over. Press No.
- On next pagePlease read the License terms page, check I accept the license terms checkbox and click next.
- On Which type of installation do you want page, click Custom (advanced
- On after select custom advanced next page show drives, where do you want to install Windows page, ensure that the hard disk drive on which Windows Server 2012 R2 is to be installed is selected.
- Once selected, click Drive options (advanced).
- From the enabled options, click New to create a new disk drive partition.
- On the Size field, specify the size of the new volume in MB.
- On the displayed Install Windows message box, click OK.
- Back on the same page, click to select the hard disk drive partition (E. g. Disk 0 Partition 2, in this demonstration) where Windows Server 2012 R2 is to be installed and click next.
- On the Installing Windows page, wait till the Windows Server 2012 R2 installed and the computer get restarted.
- After some time you receive message press any key to restart computer. And after 10 second your computer is restart and show message press any key to boot DVD/CD. Do not press any key and wait to system open installing page.
- After second restart, on the displayed screen, click OK to change the user password before logging on for the first time.
- On the available fields, type and retype the new password and press Enter. (figure-12)
- On the next confirmation screen, click OK to log on to the Windows Server 2012 R2 computer.
- Congratulation You are Successfully install Windows Server 2012 R2